Location: Renaissance Ranch
Licensed Therapist/Certified Counselor
Ensures mental health and substance abuse treatment services are provided in a way that maximizes client independence and family empowerment. Provides individual and group counseling services to assist individuals in achieving more effective personal, social, educational, and vocational development and adjustment.
A. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides individual, group, and family therapy.
2. May provide didactic or educational groups as needed or directed by superior or director.
3. Participates in interdisciplinary treatment planning.
4. Evaluates information to identify causes of problems of individuals and determine most appropriate course of action and documents it in a formal treatment plan.
5. Conducts counseling or therapeutic interviews to assist individual to gain insight into personal problems, define goals, and treatment plan reflecting Strengths, Needs, Abilities, Preferences.
6. Follows up results of counseling to determine reliability and validity of treatment used.
7. Documents in client record to requirements of company and regulatory agencies.
8. Provides crisis intervention and consultation.
9. May be required to provide a minimum number of therapy hours weekly, as specified by superior or director.
10. May be required to carry a minimum case load, as specified by superior or director.
11. May provide consultation/education to community service clubs, organizations, human service agencies, hospitals, and various county agencies/departments.
12. Participates in program development and staff in-services and training.
13. Performs administrative functions consistent with the needs of the program and under the direction of superior or director.
14. Participates in staff meetings as required.
B. Level of Supervision:
1. Works under minimal supervision and relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish assigned goals and consults with superior or higher levels of management on the more difficult and complex phases of work.
2. Is expected to be a strong self-starter and able to organize their time and work requirements sufficiently to meet established time lines and quality expectations.
3. Provides direction and supervision as needed to program staff as it relates to day-to-day care and service delivery and its impact on the clients treatment goals and progress.
4. Responsible to ensure continuity of therapeutic care for ALL clients in the program by following all policies and procedures including but not limited to:
1. Medical needs.
2. Discharge of client.
3. Approving or denying special requests that impact therapeutic goals of the client.
4. Incident management, processing, debriefing, and documentation.
. Business Contacts:
1. Interactions may include Program management, Clinical Supervisor, Billing and Insurance (UR) Personnel, Medical Personnel, Recovery Coaches, and program staff to discuss clients’ needs and treatment progress.
2. Promotes positive interpersonal relations with external clients, community agencies, county departments, schools, referral sources, and families as required.
D. Educational / Licensing Requirements:
1. Masters degree from accredited school in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling, or related field, and/or…
2. Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Marriage and Family Therapist, or Professional Counselor, and/or…
3. Certified Alcohol/Drug Counselor.
E. Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
1. Minimum of 1-year experience with inpatient, residential, outpatient, and/or mental health care. Must have direct clinical and case management experience, group leadership experience and knowledge regarding substance abuse rehabilitation philosophy.
2. Strong clinical and interpersonal skills, ability to lead and direct the work of others, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
3. Must have basic computer user skills.
F. Decision Making Responsibilities:
Responsible for deciding treatment plans for clients, reacting decisively in emergency situations and crisis intervention, decisions regarding admission and discharge of clients in conjunction with program management and the treatment team.
Contact Jason Combs